Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Davines NouNou Conditioner Nourishing Illuminating Cream Review


My Hair Type:
My hair is color treated, I use heat styling tools on my hair regularly, I have split ends, and my hair does break easily, I have long hair but it always has a natural shine (tip:I always wash, and condition my hair with cold water) it's actually really hard to describe hair, but my point is my hair is far from virgin hair, and perfect hair.
What It's Supposed To Do:
It is for chemically treated and color treated hair, it is made with natural ingredients as opposed to harsh chemicals, it's supposed to nourish, and condition chemically processed/colored hair, and I am assuming it is supposed to add that extra shine.
What It Does For Me:
Honestly I love this stuff, I swear by it now..I have used another one which is called 'NouNou Nourishing Repairing Mask', and I like this one almost 100 times more..this product I am reviewing makes my hair like virgin hair, in my opinion, extremely soft, smooth, and beautiful. You are supposed to leave it on after shampooing your hair for 5-10 minutes, I am so glad I had the opportunity to try this, thanks to my hairdresser, and when anyone asks what I use in my hair I proudly say Davines, because I don't think many people know much about this brand, I could be wrong, but they deserve to be known, and I'm surprised they aren't talked about a lot, cause this stuff is next to wonderful, maybe even a hair miracle in a plastic cup. 
Price:
The price is high, it's $10 at my salon for a 2.5 oz cup, I just recently bough a 8.45 oz cup from Amazon for $24 with shipping and tax. I'm sure if you really wanted to you could find it cheaper on ebay, and searching the web..but otherwise it is pricey but worth it for me at least.
Scent:
The scent is very hard to describe, and I guess thats why I really like it. It's not a fruity smell, or not really floral, in a way I want to say it seems like an older person scent, but at the same time it doesn't, I personally like the smell, I don't like fruity smells in my hair, so its a plus, I kind of feel like it has a 'fresh out of the salon' smell, if that even makes sense, I know thats weird but I get that out of it, which we all know thats a wonderful smell haha, but the smell lasts all day, so thats also a plus. 
Is It Worth It/Rating:
I believe it is worth it, I would probably ask your hairdresser to see what they think first, just because it is quite an expense for a not so significant amount, but I would personally recommend it to anyone who has chemically/colored hair, really dry, dull, hair...or at least give the 2.5oz cup a chance, and see if you love it as much as I do. I give it a 5 out of 5 stars! * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment