Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Favorites

I decided I wanted to do a different kind of blog today..Originally I was going to do this at the end of August, but I figured if I end up wanting to add anything I can add it..BUT basically this is going to be all of my current summer favorites (things I have recently discovered, and some I have repurchased and liked again) from makeup, to hair, to randoms..so here we go..


MAKEUP;

Moisturizer- 
Aveeno Positively Radiant, I really like this moisturizer it's not heavy like others I have tried, so its perfect for the summer, but it is very moisturizing in my opinion..I have been using this for a while now, and it really isn't too pricey.
Primer-
Hard Candy Sheer Envy, I just recently repurchased this as I mentioned in another blog..I still really like this, the formula is different and it is light, I feel like it is one of the best primers I have used honestly, especially for the price..I have used Cover Fx Matte primer which is more high end, and it didn't compare, the only other primer that I truly liked a little bit more than this was the L'oreal studio secrets primer.
Foundation-
For about 5 years I have been using Revlon Colorstay foundation..I have always really liked it but I decided to go on a limb this year and try something different, I have been wanting something with not as full of coverage, but still could initially build up to a fuller coverage so I bought Clinique Stay Matte Foundation, I really like it..I get a really good coverage from it, its very light, it doesn't look cakey, and best of all you don't have to set it with a powder! Now, one of the biggest things I like about it is the formula, going from Colorstay which was a more watery consistency to this which is more of a thicker consistency is a plus, so it seems like I don't have to use as much product.. it is more expensive but I would say it is worth it if you don't have dry skin, evidently since it is a matte foundation it will stick to the dry spots and not look so natural.
Concealer-
Derma blend concealer, is my all time favorite, it gives the perfect coverage!
Powder-
Now that I don't have to use powder this isn't really relevant but my all time favorite is Coty Airspun Powder.
Bronzer-
Milani bronzer, I haven't found an absolute favorite bronzer yet, but I really like this one its the perfect build.
Blush-
I have THREE favorite blushes for the summer..
-MAC Well Dressed.
-ELF tickled pink.
-The Body Needs blush in Sinful, it's supposed to be a dupe for NARS orgasm, but I like it better oddly..lol
Highlight-
MAC soft and gentle.
Eye shadow-
Naked Palette 1 & 2
Covergirl violet vibes, quad.
Eyeliner-
Milani-Liquif'eye. (A dupe for mac power eye pencil)
MAC- Kohl Power Eye Pencil.
Liquid eyeliner- Maybelline Line Stiletto. (Perfect precision in my opinion)
Mascara-
My go to is Almay thickening..but I rediscovered L'oreal telescopic explosion, which I like to coat my lashes with then go over with Almay thickening mascara.
Lip balm-
Baby lips Maybelline.
Lip stick-
NYX- Pumpkin Pie.
L'oreal- Fairest Nude.
HAIR;

Shampoo/Conditioner-
RedKen Smooth Down.
Hair dye-
Revlon Colorsilk in deep rich brown.
Hair spray-
Pantene Anti Humidity!!! I don't know if it really helps with the humidity but I like this hairspray, although it can be hardening if you're not careful.
Hair products (other)-
-Pantene Split End Mender.
-TIGI Bed Head After Party.
-TIGI Bed Head Head Rush Shine..
RANDOMS;

Book-
Fifty Shades of Grey series.
Drink-
Crystal Light Peach Tea, and Raspberry tea yum. :)
Snack-
Orville Redenbacher white cheddar popcorn.
Dinner-
Tempura Sushi, and Spicy Scallop sushi roll
Perfume-
I have so many...but I narrowed it down to my top three for the summer..
-Versace Bright Crystals (anytime really)
-Ed Hardy Perfume (the original pink bottle)
-Amazing Grace by Philosophy.
Nail Polish-
Loving SinfulColors nail polish, for the price and the color range is amazing but one of my favorite summer colors is the shade Bikini, it reminds me of the perfect summer pink! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment