Friday, August 31, 2012

♡ My Tragus Piercing Experience ♡

Before I begin this blog I want to first clarify a few things..starting with my personal pain tolerance...I'm not really good with pain by any means i'd say my pain tolerance on a scale of 1-10 would probably be a 3-4 haha..My first tattoo was horrid pain..although my second didn't hurt at all, I don't know if its because I went through a horrid pain the first time or just the location..But I am not good with needles either..I get sweaty,anxious, hot, thirsty, and light headed..so keep that in mind when reading this, and one other thing is typically the tragus piercing is done with a 16 gauge..mine was done with a 13 gauge needle, which is a bit bigger, I'll talk more about that down below..

The Gauge Size-
So just to kind of explain why I ended up with a 13 gauge needle as opposed to a 16 gauge, initially she asked me if I wanted a flat back stud, or a hoop, I already knew I wanted a flat back stud, and unfortunately she only had a 14 gauge stud left..I was just like sure why not..haha considering I already had my mind set on a stud, and not a hoop...but anyways so she told me she was going to use a 13 gauge needle since the 14 gauge fits the best in that without any problems, although I would have preferred a smaller ball, I can deal with this until it heals :)..so that kind of sums up the reasoning behind that, and here is a picture that isn't mine of gauge needle sizes just so you can see the difference..



The Pain- 
Personally for me it wasn't all that bad, the bad part was that my anxiety with needles made me uncomfortably nervous, and anxious, I was hot...like really hot sweating hot hahaha..but anyways she went over the full procedure of what she was going to do, how it may feel, etc..then she clamped my tragus, which she said some people think is the worst, it didn't bother me at all..like it didn't feel bad..anyways she told me to take a deep breath, she put the needle through, and then told me to exhale and it was over...it didn't hurt maybe a little pinch, and a slight sting, on a scale of 1-5 i'd say maybe 2.5-3 just because of the stinging, and pinch haha..although I have no other needle piercing to compare it to, I have had my lobes, (two holes) done with a gun which is nothing, and I have had my upper/middle of ear pierced with a gun which didn't hurt either, you can probably see the location of that in the picture i post...but the tragus  didn't hurt, it didn't hurt bad enough to bring tears, or anything..and it didn't take long, the only thing that took any amount of time was when she had to screw on the ball she couldn't get it, but thats besides the point...haha


Cleaning Procedure-
I'm assuming every piercer has there own little perk, and procedure, hers personally was simple..she said buy a non-fragrence, anti bacterial soap..preferably Dial, wash your hands, use a Q-tip/cotton swab whatever you like to call it..put hot water on it, get any "crusties" off, put a good amount of the soap on a Q-tip, or your fingers and clean it that way, and move the jewelry back and fourth so it gets in the pericing , then either get another Q-tip, and put more hot water to get the soap off, or just take a shower after..which ever, so yeah pretty simple, also dry it with a cotton swab, I don't think she mentioned that but I did it anyways... It did sting a little when I did it, she said it probably will for the first 3 days or so, but it didn't hurt super bad or anything, it felt a little weird when I was moving the jewelry, I was actually scared to like for whatever reason I thought it might fall out or something weird, but it didn't, and it didn't hurt too bad, or after..

Sleeping With A New Tragus Piercing-
She told me to change my pillow cases and what not, because you don't realize how much bacteria and germs are on your pillow cases, she said don't sleep on it..so although I haven't slept yet with it I am going to do as she said, I am also going to wear my hair up to sleep, at least for a few days just so my hair doesn't get all in/on the piercing, she didn't specify that but I think that makes sense haha.

How It Felt Through Out The Day & Now-
Right after getting it, honestly it just felt like pressure, it wasn't too bad, not painful or anything..then it kind of faded and then occasionally id feel a little bit of pressure again..so like I said not bad at all..and now it feels like nothing really..no pressure, and this is after cleaning it. 

Insert Crappy iPhone FaceTime picture HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment